The deadline for applications for Phase 2 of rental assistance has been extended until November 4, 2020. Renters and landlords may submit their application online, by fax, or by mail. Funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have applied for Phase 2 – Check Your Application Status.
- Applicants must be Philadelphia residents (renters in other counties must apply to their county’s designated organization).
- Landlords and renters must each provide information.
- Renters must have lost more than 30% of their income due to reduced work hours/wages because of COVID-19, or have become unemployed after March 1 due to COVID-19
- Renters who applied for PA unemployment assistance must have done so after March 1
- Renters’ income at the time of application must be no more than 100% of the area median income.
- As of September 16, 2020, assistance is now limited to $1,500 per month per household.
- Payments will be made to landlords.
- Landlords must agree to the terms of the program and may not displace the household or begin eviction proceedings for at least 60 days from the final month of rental assistance
For more information check out the FAQs for Phase 2.
The program is offered by the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency using funding from the federal CARES Act. PHDC manages the program in Philadelphia. The program will run until November 4, 2020.