Note: The deadline for submitting Phase 3 information is February 12, 2021.
The City of Philadelphia’s Phase 3 rental assistance program is only for tenants who already applied to Phase 1 or Phase 2 and could not receive assistance. Not all tenants who applied for Phase 1 or 2 are eligible for Phase 3. In Phase 3, payments go directly to the tenant. Tenants who are eligible for Phase 3 will receive an email notification with a link to submit additional information. Tenants may receive up to $1,500 per month, for up to six (6) months—not to exceed the amount of base rent due for any month where the tenant is receiving assistance.
To be eligible for Phase 3, tenants must meet the following:
- Have applied for Phase 1 and/or Phase 2 of the City of Philadelphia’s rental assistance program and were not able to receive assistance under that prior program;
- Suffered a loss of income after March 1, 2020 as a result of COVID-19 (Note: tenants on a fixed income generally do not qualify);
- Expect to earn no more than $99,000 in annual income for Calendar Year 2020 (or no more than $198,000 if filing a joint tax return);
- Rented a house or apartment in Philadelphia between March and December of 2020 and missed rent or had difficulty paying rent due to loss of income as a result of COVID-19, between March and December 2020;
- Have a bank account or a payment app that accepts direct deposits, or a prepaid debit card which accepts direct deposits;
- Attest that they will only use the assistance for expenses incurred between March and December 2020 to pay for rent to avoid eviction and to pay other unforeseen emergency financial hardship costs caused by the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Be willing to sign an affidavit attesting that the circumstances listed above are true and correct.
Phase 3 Tenant Agreement
Check Your Status
Tenants who submitted information for Phase 3 can check the status of their application here.
If you have questions about these rental assistance programs, click here for help.
Tenants may seek additional assistance by visiting the PhillyTenant website or calling the Philly Tenant Hotline at 267-443-2500.