Information You May Need to Complete the Tenant Application:
- If the landlord and tenant are participating in the City’s Eviction Diversion Program, please have the Eviction Diversion Program ID (EVP-Number) on hand.
- The tenant’s basic information, including their name, date of birth, email, and phone number.
- The tenant’s demographic information, such as their ethnicity, race, gender identity, and whether the tenant is disabled or a veteran.
- The tenant’s household information, including address, number of bedrooms, tenant’s monthly rent, and whether the tenant currently lives at the listed address.
- Whether or not the tenant is receiving any other federal, state, or local rent assistance such as Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) or if they currently live in housing owned by the Philadelphia Housing Authority (PHA).
- If the landlord or tenant received funding through a previous round of emergency rental assistance, have the applicant ID# ready.
- If the tenant or anyone living in the household receives public benefits please have a government-issued eligibility letter ready to submit. If you are receiving any of these benefits it could reduce the amount of other documents that you need to submit:
- Medicaid / MA
- SNAP (food stamps)
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance)
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- A list of all household members—including the primary applicant—and income information for each member, if available.
- Whether the tenant is receiving or qualified for unemployment benefits after March 13, 2020, and the date of the tenant’s last day of work, if applicable.
- Whether the tenant or a member of the tenant’s household incurred significant costs, experienced a reduction in income, or experienced other financial hardship, due directly or indirectly to Covid-19.
- Information on the quality of the tenant’s living conditions.
- Whether the tenant received any past due rent or utility notices and/or an eviction notice.
- The type of rental and/or utility assistance the tenant is seeking (past-due rent, future rent, current and past-due utilities).
- A document with the tenant’s signature, certifying the landlord’s authority to apply on their behalf (only needed for applications where the landlord is applying on behalf of the tenant)
- Proof of residency or address (which can be a current lease, but a lease is not required)
- Proof of rent amount
- A document proving household income: this should include all wages, earned income, and business income.
It should include the taxable portion of social security benefits (for more information see https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/planner/taxes.html), but should not include other public benefits. This amount should include unemployment benefits.
- A public benefits letter, if applicable
- A document showing other housing-related costs, if applicable
Please note: Due to heavy volume, the application system may be slow. You may receive an error message or have trouble saving your application. Please keep trying. Once you save your application, you can try again later. If you are still having issues, please contact our Help Desk. Your patience is appreciated.